The secret to life is the law of attraction. Like attracts like. So to be successful, you need to send out positive energy and the universe will return with positivity. You need to feel good about yourself. If you’re negative in your views towards yourself and you focus on what you don’t have and what’s wrong with your life, then negative things will occur to you.
You need to feel gratitude for the things you have—for the things that make you happy.
I am so grateful to have the most amazing, loving, and encouraging family. My mom has the kindest heart and cares about me to an unreal extent. My brother makes me laugh and can relate to me in ways that other people just can’t. My father inspires me to be a better person and to have big dreams and hopes for myself.
I am so grateful for the luxury I live with. I live in a big house that I can call home. I have a gorgeous room with lots of sunlight and a design/quirkiness that I feel represents me. I eat yummy foods (the best of Korean and American food) and don’t have to worry about going hungry. My family has a stable income and I can go on vacations, trips, summer programs, Manhattan Music School.
I am so grateful for my education and my ability to study and get good grades in school. I am grateful for the moments I’ve had this year academic wise that made me realize how much fun I could have learning… and also the moments where I realized how hard work pays off.
I am grateful for my involvedness in music. I’m grateful that I can play music with a group of people and feel good about it. I’m grateful that music has become somewhat of a passion of mine. I’m grateful that I can express myself in such a beautiful medium.
I am grateful for my friends. Rachel cares a hell of a lot about me and appreciates me as a best friend. I’m grateful that I can have someone that feels like they can come to me with anything on their mind, someone that thinks of me as the best person to talk to—because it makes me feel appreciated and loved and that’s something I am grateful for. I’m grateful for my ability to be happy and funny and sometimes insane with Lily. I’m grateful that I can make her laugh and feel good and I’m grateful for the amazing times we’ve spent together. I’m grateful for Danielle Clynes, who I misjudged. I’m grateful for the unique way we can talk to each other, babble about random subjects together, and I’m grateful that I can see her grow as a person because it’s truly amazing. I’m grateful for Russell <3. I’m so incredibly grateful that I have someone who thinks I’m beautiful (when sometimes I don’t), who thinks my flaws are adorable, who thinks that I’m the best thing that ever happened to him, who thinks about me in a way that no one ever has. I’m grateful for the times he’s made me smile when I was feeling terrible. I’m grateful that we can talk about the most random things, share music and TV shows together, laugh together, and also have those intellectual-philosophical conversations.
I cannot believe I have all this to be grateful for. I’m sincerely shocked right now…
I guess it’s time to describe what I want:
I want my dad’s job to be amazing. I want him to be able to be extremely successful in life in Jeju. I want him to be so happy with his job and his work there. I want millions of parents telling him that he’s an amazing principal. I want him to be paving the way for Jeju to become an international city. I want him to feel more content with this new and rewarding experience. I want to be able to visit him often (and visit Korea often!)
I want Ben to happy with the college he ends up going to. I want him to find his passion and find what he wants to study and what he wants to later become. I want my parents to be proud of his choices and who he’ll grow up to be.
I want Mom to be more confident in herself. Once Dad leaves, I want her to know that she’s going to be okay and that this is an opportunity to become stronger as an individual for her. I want her to be able to become anyone she wants to be and if that means studying to do something else, then she should do it. Once I leave for wherever (college or a gap year) and she goes to Korea, I want her to find something to do that makes her happy and makes her life fulfilling, as it should be.
I want my friends to feel happy and excited for me when I tell them that I’m graduating a year early and possibly going to Korea or taking a gap year. (I’m going to try and visualize this more)
I want to be able to have the experience of a lifetime with that time off. I want to explore the world and society as I’ve never seen it before. I want to somehow during that gap year go bungee jumping or cliff diving. I want to work with kids and teaching English. I want to experience living in an uncomfortable situation—homestay or poor living with not a lot of showers. I want to meet people that will change my life, but I also want to change my own life and come up with more ideas about what I want to do. I want to have a moment of revelation. You know, in the video, the end describes how there isn’t a chalkboard in the sky describing what the purpose of your life is. This is how the philosophers, authors, therapists, psychologists, and physicists described it: you create your own destiny. Your mind is the decider for all the things that will happen to you. It isn’t someone else’s plan—it’s your plan for yourself. If you start believing in yourself and believing in what you want, then you attract these things. Stop focusing on the “how” and focus on the “what.” Figure out what you want and really want it.
I’m going to start thinking that I want this internship. This super selective, Columbia University, Social Science high school internship – I want to get it. I want to write a kick ass essay that will impact the thoughts of the people choosing people for the internship and make them think, “Wow, this girl is smart, determined, and possible of doing anything. She would be the perfect intern for our summer program.” I want to do research with professors (a job that I might be interested in for the future!) and learn new things about society. I want to travel New York City and become familiar with the place because I want it to be my home at some point in my life. I want to be selected for this internship.
Now it’s time for the universe to say, “Your wish is my command.”
No comments:
Post a Comment