In health today, we talked about body image... watching the famous Dove experiment commercial where they take a regular girl, put shitloads of makeup and hair product on her, and retouch her up through dramatic photoshop techniques...
Why is this the most appealing way to reach your buyers? Why does society see this perfect picture of a woman holding a hair product and think, "Wow, if I buy this, I will look just like that?" Is it all in the subconscious? Because I just think that's dumb. Dumb dumb dumb I mean I KNOW that that girl is retouched to an insane amount, why should I hold this as truth and justification for buying a product?
At the end of that video, there's a statement: No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted.
Beauty isn't something you can buy... nor is it something you can wear or put on your face... that's looking pretty. There's a difference.
Beauty is something that comes from within (corn and cheese :)
When someone is beautiful, their beauty shines all around-- making people (ironic choice of wording but) attracted to that beautiful person. I feel like beauty and charisma line up pretty well...
No comments:
Post a Comment